I’ve had a lot of families asking about using Guided Access lately. For those who don’t know, Guided Access is a great feature that allows you to disengage the home button and parts of the user’s screen, effectively locking them INTO an app. It’s a must have for use of the iPad as a communication device. Here are the steps to set it up, as well as a video that goes over how to use it (for those of you who are visual learners).
Setting up Guided Access:
- Go to SETTINGS.
- Select GENERAL.
- Select ACCESSIBILITY.
- Select GUIDED ACCESS.
- Turn on Guided Access by PUSHING button on RIGHT SIDE (it will turn green).
- Select PASSCODE SETTINGS.
- Select SET GUIDED ACCESS PASSCODE.
- Enter passcode of your choice (WRITE IT DOWN SOMEWHERE ELSE). Note: If your client knows the password to turn ON the device, use the same passcode for the Guided Access Option.
- Select ACCESSIBILITY SHORTCUT (button will turn green)
- Select TIME LIMITS (Optional)
Here’s the video: